In 1997, I in my whole 12 years of wisdom, saw Adam walking through the jr high halls of warrenton grade school with his giant grin and those sparkly blue smiley eyes! I fell in love... Looking back at who we were and thinking about how my little nieve brain worked then, it is amazing to me that the Lord brought us together then! On the day we got married I thought I couldn't love him more, since then we've had many moments of "intense fellowship" and I know we've both had moments of dissapointment in oneanother. Once I realized I can't depend on him for my happiness, that comes from the Lord. I have to be complete in Christ first and foremost! The pressure I put on Adam, to be there for me all the time, was refocused onto a more worthy prospect, The Lord. People no matter how much they care for you will dissapoint, but My Jesus won't.
Th Lord has blessed us to have eachother. And again, I look back and see how much I loved him before has changed into an much deeper, more real love. It's been amazing watching Adam grow from the cocky little 13 year old boy I had a huge crush on, to the amazing Leader of our family he is now! Jesus has changed him, I am so grateful to have gotten to watch his transition! He has become this bold, loving husband and daddy, I couldn't have imagined him as this man The Lord has made him into.
Enduring those moments of fellowship, while not always enjoyable, has matured our relatioship with the Lord and one another. much like James 1 says that it would!
2 comments:
So sweet. Made my eyes water...
Happy Anniversary to you both (late)!!! Big hugs!
just about had me in tears, Sara! :) love you guys.
Post a Comment